Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back to the grind.

It was inevitable.
Tomorrow at 9:00am, instead of being here:


I will be here:


My 20 kiddos are back and I need to be back on my toes! I'm feeling bittersweet about returning to work after my relaxing (and hectic, if it's possible to mix the two!) two-week winter break. I'm excited to see my students again, and to get back into routine, but can it really compare to being able to sleep in and go the the gym at my leisure? Or being able to hang out with my cute nephew way more than normal? Or spending so much quality time with my wonderful hubby? Or meeting up with so many family and friends?

As much as I'm not looking forward to work right now, being a teacher is an amazing job and one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. I love getting to know so many great kids and their families. I love when my students won't leave without giving me a big hug or when they give me something they made themselves. I love when parents come in and express their gratitude for something I've done for their child. The relationships you build, and the opportunities to inspire children are amazing. The kids' "aha" moments are equally amazing. I'm going to need to focus on the great things about my career over the next few weeks with the looming report cards I need to write. It will be busy.

I do feel ready and well rested. Bring it on!

1 comment: