Tuesday, April 3, 2012

There is Hope!

One of the things I have been dreading/looking forward to (mixed feelings!) about our new house is tackling the kitchen.

It is currently done with an 80's malamine cupboard. You know, the type with the wood strips as handles, comme ça:


Needless to say, this is not my dream look for a kitchen.

I have searched the internet high and low for examples of kitchens with these malamine cupboards that have been repainted and salvaged. My search always came up with nothing, or with examples of people who had simply re-faced their malamine kitchens. I was losing hope.

While perusing through Pinterest and my House & Home magazine, however, I have been noticing that a lot of modern kitchens are starting to use very stream-lined cabinets that have a similar look to what I would imagine these cupboards to look like. Let me show you a few examples of what I mean:




That being said, this still isn't my favourite look. But could I live with it for a while? Sure!

I have a problem that even though I have already bought a house, I still look at MLS to see what's available and get some ideas. Yesterday, I came across a kitchen that, from what I can tell, is repainted malamine cupboards!!! (Sorry about the itty-bitty photos, but making them bigger just made them fuzzy!) Anyway, my point is that they look good! This is a kitchen that I could definitely live with for a while. Besides, our new kitchen has beautiful tile floors and granite countertops to hide anything I don't like about it :) 




So there you have it: Hope that my new kitchen may look good. One day. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment