Sunday, April 1, 2012

Patio Furniture

Oh my!
It has been over a week since my last post.

I can hardly believe it. I could blame it on the fact that I spent 2 nights starting and then finishing the Hunger Games. (A must read!) Or then watching the movie for another evening. Or I could blame it on the fact that I've been uber exhausted lately. And work has been crazy. And I have been trying to be active.

But in reality, the real culprit is a case of writer's block!
I am still stuck in the "limbo" state, where I am simply waiting to move. It is only 7 more weeks at this point, but it has been putting a serious damper on things to write about.

Anyhoo...since the past few weeks have been unseasonably warm, and our new backyard is large and lovely, I have been thinking a little bit about patio furniture. My Dad has kindly offered to buy us a set for our wedding. But my question is, should I get a set without cushions? Or a set with them? See examples of each below:
















I've asked around and there are pros and cons to both types.

For example: Patio furniture with cushions is super comfy, but requires a lot of care in taking the cushions on and off in case of bad weather. You would probably also need a place to store the cushions, like a deck box. However, the trade off may be worthwhile in that I plan on spending a lot of time in our backyard, and hopefully hosting many friends and family, so the extra comfort is a bonus.

The sets without cushions, however, are also quite comfy, but you don't need to be constantly worrying about cushions. I don't mind the look of either. Of course, I don't actually plan on getting a new set until we are moved into our new place.

So, any thoughts or experiences that could help me to decide?

2 comments:

  1. I've had both kinds and find the cushions to be more of a pain than they are worth. If you're away and forget the cushions and they get wet even just once, they are water-marked and stained...and can get moldy...we're currently looking for a non-cushioned set. Can't wait to see what you choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice! I will take your thoughts into consideration :)

      Delete