Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

This past weekend, Joe and I got our Christmas tree!
I don't know if it was the Christmas crafting weekend, the Christmas tunes I keep hearing or the snow on the ground, but it seemed like the right time!
Now that we are car-free, I thought that getting the tree home might be a little trickier. However, Joe convinced me that he and his family often carried their tree home from the store a few blocks away. I figured it could be extra tricky with Henry in tow, but as you can see, Joe found a solution.

 



Henry was pretty excited by the whole thing. He really wanted to help decorate! (And by help, I mean hinder!). Regardless, he was pretty intrigued by the tree, especially once we got the lights on. Oh... and check out Joe's sweet Movember 'stache. How many days left until December??! (aka Decem-beard, followed by Janu-hairy? I guess we'll see.) I guess I can't complain since I've been partaking as a Mo-sistah! Haha...




It is definitely feeling Christmas-y around here! As for our ornaments: We bought most of the glass ball ornaments last year at a local thrift shop. Some of them look really antique. The rest have been collected over the years (my Mum tends to give me ornaments most years!) or homemade. And there are also quite a few special ornaments from Joe's and my students. We chose to hang the baby-friendly ornaments on the bottom. I love our eclectic, mismatched tree! Less than a month until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment