Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cleaning Stainless Steel

One of the things I loved about our home when I moved in was the stainless steel appliances in the kitchen. However, fairly quickly I became frustrated with them. Why? Because of their unmatchable ability to attract grease, water marks, fingerprints and any type of mess.

I tried various types of cleaners on them to try and get them shiny and streak-free. I even bought a specific stainless steel cleaner. Nothing seemed to work, and it was always a huge job to scrub them to have them be mostly streak free.

A few weeks ago I was talking to a co-worker who said she uses Norwex cloths and water to clean hers and it works really well. As I didn't have any Norwex cloths, I thought I would try it my own way.

First, let me show you what my oven looks like at the end of any given week (hence my frustration!)





Here is what you need: 
2 clean micro-fibre cloths; 1 damp with water, one dry. Yep, that's it.



All you do is wipe down the surface with the wet cloth in small sections. Then, immediately follow with the dry cloth and wipe the surface dry. Repeat until you've done the whole appliance. Et voilĂ ! A clean and shiny stove, once again!



The greatest part about this is that it takes about half as much work as I was doing with the cleaners, and looks better! Yes, it is things like this that make me happy. Is that sad? And again, the before and after for your viewing pleasure :) 



1 comment:

  1. Sad or not, I can totally relate! Neat trick to know, thanks:)

    ReplyDelete