Saturday, March 10, 2012

Pinterest Project #1

I've already been trying a few ideas I found on Pinterest at home, and decided it makes sense to document how things actually work.

There are so many great recipes and tips that I've been pinning lately. One was about uses for vinegar. Don't get me wrong...using vinegar around the home is something I've been doing for a long time. But a couple that I hadn't thought of were using vinegar as 1. a rinse aid for your dishwasher; and 2. A natural fabric softener. (If you click on the picture it should bring you to the blog post which gave these ideas).


I decided to put this to the test.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, we bought new cutlery this past month. It is great...but when I put it through the dishwasher, it came out covered in water-spots. So, I took the aforementioned advice and put some vinegar in the rinse-aid dispenser.

And...it worked like a charm! Here is a photo showing a spoon from before I put the vinegar in, and one from the vinegar wash. Pretty cool! I give this Pinterest tip a 10/10.


I am considering trying out the vinegar as a fabric softener...although right now we don't use anything so I don't know if it's even worth it. Although sometimes I wish our towels were a little softer :) So we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I started putting vinegar in with my laundry about a year ago. It removes any soap residue, which is why it works so well. And you don't smell it at all. Rick has been using vinegar for years!

    ReplyDelete