1. Pregnancy update:
- I am 18 weeks 5 days along! It's hard to believe that I'm almost half way there! I had someone ask me today when I'm due! It was very exciting.
- I felt Baby Barlen moving this week for the first time! Now I feel him/her all of the time. Things are starting to become real!
- We have decided not to find out the gender of the baby. I think it's going to make the birth that much more exciting! But it'll be hard to wait!
- Don't worry, Pamela...I'll post some belly photos soon... that is, whenever my belly becomes a little more obvious!
2. Remember this post, where I talked about a Mourning Dove that has taken residence in our front hanging basket? Well... we were worried she was injured. We even gave her a name: Odette! Then, the other day, it became visible why she was there. There are 2 reasons :) Babies! But now we can't water the plant, or move the planter...so it will just die and look funny on our house... Oh well!
3. I've been loving Pinterest for recipes lately, especially as I've been having cravings for strange ingredients. (High on the list: Avocado and Cilantro...) I pinned this recipe for Black Bean Fritters with a Cilantro dipping sauce.
I had to have them! And we just happened to have most of the ingredients on hand. So, we gave it a shot. However, the recipe wasn't perfect, and they needed much more flour/egg than the recipe called for in order to stick together. They ended up being so-so. But the dipping sauce was good! I wouldn't make them again, though.
4. We got together at my Mum and Rick's place to celebrate their wedding with extended family last weekend with a Pig Roast. It was good times, and great to catch up with people.
6. I've been reading the book "Reading with Meaning" by Debbie Miller, as suggested by a coworker. It is a great read for any Primary teacher, and I'll definitely be using many of the ideas in there in my reading program.
That's all for now!