Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hotel Inspiration

I was away for a couple of days this week in Toronto for a teaching conference. I got to stay in the Royal York hotel with 5 of my coworkers (and about 370 other teachers!)

We had a blast.
Staying at the Royal York (right downtown) was definitely interesting. The hotel was huge, and a bit musty, but I loved it! It had a really neat and elegent feel to it. I just thought I'd share some of my favourite things about it:

1. The chandeliers. I love chandeliers. And they were everywhere. The concert hall where most of our meetings were held had the best chandeliers. I have a vision of one day having a room with a nice chandelier. Here are a few of my favourites.




2. The rugs: They were bright and patterned.


3. The tile: It looked better in person. I felt like a creeper so some of my photos were taken pretty quickly....


4. The wallpaper: This picture doesn't quite show the soft patterns. It was nice!



The stay was fun. The company was great! And it felt like a much-needed break from the everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment