As I have already mentioned, Joe and I got a lot done over March Break.One of the projects that we tackled was the downstairs bathroom. This was definitely the project I was the least excited about doing, especially after painting the upstairs bathroom (which you can read all about here). Painting tile is very finicky, and this bathroom had enough tile to sink a ship!
For those of you who haven't seen our lovely basement bathroom, it earned the nickname "clown bathroom". I think the pictures speak for themselves on that one:
Isn't it frightening?! I have definitely questioned how that bathroom ever came to be on multiple occasions.
After having so much success painting our upstairs bathroom, I decided that I would do the same for this one. I needed Joe's help though... I mean, there was even colourful tile on the ceiling! Come on!
So, after a couple of days of elbow grease and 4 coats of primer and paint, it is finished! And we are Soooo happy it is done. I'm not going to say it is now a dream bathroom, but it is definitely livable. The best part was that we were able to reuse the primer and paint that I used in the upstairs bathroom, so this transformation was free!
We decided to keep the red door, mostly because we were sick of painting. But, maybe one day that will change.
Since it was a free makeover, I think I will splurge on a carpet and maybe some new hand towels to spruce things up. I will show you if and when that happens! The best part of this whole thing is that now I can go into the basement without being afraid!
As of now, the only thing we haven't repainted in the entire house is the basement itself. It is the last remnant of barfy yellow paint. For now, I think I'll focus on adding more interest to the rest of the house since we really don't use the basement.
To end it off, I leave you with a glorious before and after shot! (Ignore the bad quality... I couldn't be bothered to fix it today. You get the idea!)