We had recently bought a white pedestal table for our kitchen and had been using some fold-up chairs until we found something to put with them. I knew these white chairs would be perfect...with a little TLC, of course.
Anyway, I had originally planned on covering them with these toile pattern pillow covers from Ikea (One pillow cover would have upholstered two of the chairs, so not a bad deal):
They would have looked nice, but right before I was about to chop them up, I thought of some cloth napkins that my Mum gave me as a house warming gift in my first house. I LOVE the pattern on them, and thought they'd look great on the chairs.
Recovering them was actually extremely simple. We just took off the top layer of fabric and took out any remaining staples.
Then, we pulled the fabric tight, alternating sides, and used a staple gun to fasten, being extra careful on the corners.
Et voila! The seats were done.
I must say, I'm pretty happy with the finished product.
So, at $15 per chair, I think we did pretty well!
Now we just need to repaint the kitchen. Sigh.