Saturday, June 2, 2012

Dining Chairs!

Yesterday Joe and I got down to business.
As I mentioned in my previous post, we need new furniture.

Probably the one things that has been driving me the *most* crazy in my house is our old dining chairs.



I got them for free when I moved out on my own from a friend who used them through university.
Needless to say, these chairs have been very well loved.
I also got the bench that we use on the side of the road on garbage day. Imagine that! And it has also been well-loved.

So, after searching the internet for inspiration, Joe and I decided we wanted to pair our old table with a more modern dining chair, and more specifically with an Eames-style chair, as seen in these pictures:




I feel like the mix of modern and traditional is just what I am going for. So, after much searching, we finally found some at Schreiters Furniture (in Downtown Kitchener).

And here they are!



They look better in person... and will look much better once we repaint the walls to a bit of a nicer colour :) It is a work in progress!

Oh yeah, and we leave for Europe in 1 month today! Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment