Monday, December 9, 2013

Vegan comfort foods

Today marks almost a week of Henry and I being down and out with a nasty virus. It has been a long week, but we are finally starting to show signs of improvement. Thank goodness!

Lucky for me, I have a wonderful husband who is always willing to cook up anything I might want- especially when I'm sick. I realized that I haven't really been too sick since becoming vegan. When I've been sick in the past, I always crave the same things: Chicken noodle soup, crackers, ginger ale and creamy tomato soup. Problem: Those soups aren't vegan!

I told Joe, and he whipped up this delish soup: It's a vegan version of chicken noodle soup (tofu noodle soup?). It was delicious and hit the spot. And I'm sure it was much lower sodium than your regular chicken noodle soup. I think all he did was throw the veggies we had on hand (carrots, celery, onion, tomato) into some veggie broth with cubed tofu and rice noodles.


He also made me this vegan creamy tomato soup. (Find the recipe here). It was SO good. It also happens to be gluten free and paleo. And super healthy. Even if I wasn't sick, this one would be a great meal.


Despite how yummy these soups were, I am so glad that I am getting better. Just in time to enjoy the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment