Wednesday, January 23, 2013

39 Week Update


This week I started my maternity leave. I thought relaxing would be a lot of fun, but after 2 days, I am going stir-crazy! It hasn't helped that the weather here has been frigid.... around -25 or -30 degrees with the wind chill. I don't have a proper winter jacket that fits my large belly, so the daily walks I had planned have not been happening. I tried a balance ball exercise from YouTube and quickly realized I am waaaay beyond sit ups on a ball. Oh well. My goal today is to get out of the house. Maybe to a mall, where I can walk!

Other than that, things on the pregnancy end have been going ok. I have been having some sciatica pain (it comes and goes!) but otherwise feel pretty good! I am definitely at the stage where it is "The Waiting Game". I am getting antsy, and so are baby B's grandparents! 

I've been thinking more about the sex of the baby lately. For most of my pregnancy, I was SURE it is a girl. Lately I've been feeling more like it may be a boy. After telling Joe last night that I thought it is a boy, I had a dream that it was a girl. What it comes down to is... I have no clue! I no longer have that instinctual feeling. Whether a He or She... baby B will be the perfect match for our little family! I can't wait to meet him/her. I'm feeling really glad that we didn't find out the sex, as I am feeling pretty excited about the moment that Joe and I find out. It will be so special! Our midwife even said that she'll leave it up to us to figure it out (instead of telling us), which I think it great! 

Anyway, here are some photos!

39 Weeks 

And even though I was SURE I would never publish a photo of my bare preggo belly... here it is. I couldn't resist! It really is quite amazing... 


One week until Due Date! Although I have a feeling this little guy or gal may decide to take his/her time coming out... I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Awww Meg! SO beautiful. This is so exciting! Try to enjoy your rest this week!

    ReplyDelete